Spending March w/ Jesus "Jesus revealed to the un-wise"

Jesus sends his missionaries out.

Read Luke 10: 1-24

I'm just not that smart of a person. From an intellectual perspective I was never the brightest crayon in box. I was more like the dull white crayon that gets broken before anyone ever uses it. In High School I even found ways to fail Gym Class. That's the most disappointing I ever leaked on my blog. How in the world can someone fail gym class, the criteria is like getting dressed for class. Non-the-less, Chewning found a way.

Throughout 6 years of taking Spanish class in my scholastic career, I only passed once. Actually, That's not really fair to say, It was a class during basketball season so I didn't have to attend and got to take the tests as a group with the team. We had a Spanish kid on our team; I got an A.

Anyway here in Luke 10, Jesus just sent out his crew to do ministry around the region. He assures them that the Kingdom of God is near them at all times. he instructs them to go into city's where they are accepted by the grace of God and tell them about the Kingdom. If they are not accepted, tell them that they will be punished, dust your feet off, and move on.

Upon them returning from the mission field, this was their testimony. "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

Here is Jesus' reaction. Luke 10:21 At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, "I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.

Three days ago we were in our yard talking to our neighbors about Christ. I was out there with the kids playing bball and just hanging out. After we were done chatting, we all went inside. I felt the Lord tell me to pray for my neighbors because they have a distorted view of Christ and as their neighbors we need to be the ones praying for them. I grabbed the 3 kiddos and we stood in our dining room and all took a turn praying for them (Except Ella). Then yesterday when I came home Daniel asked me if he could go outside. I wasn't out of my work cloths yet so I said, No. he kept complaining that he wanted to go outside. Finally I asked him why. he simply said, "Because I want to tell our neighbors the truth about Jesus."

I thought. You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

No comments: