The Power of a Praying Child (Little Abby)

The routine for nite nite time in the Chewning Home is pretty basic. Come 8:00pm the kids get in their PJ's run upstairs, brush their teeth and then go to their rooms. Typically I will put Ella in bed first with a bottle, pray for her, put her music on and the shut the door. Then Daniel is next, I usually have to get him a glass of water and tell him a story that incorporates Spiderman and Jesus. There always freestyle so you can only imagine how crazy the flow can get. I pray for him and then ask him what he is; his quick reply is always "A Mighty Man of God." To which I say; "Don't you ever forget it." and shut the door. Then on to Abby who is a little more difficult and loves to try and convince you to stay in her bed with her a little longer than necessary. But that routine is pretty similar to Daniels as well; water, prayer, and then the question with her reply being "I'm A Beautiful Woman of God."

I tell you this because this past night something happened that was a little different. Daniel is sleeping at a friends house so Abby is allowed to sleep in my room on the floor. I put Ella to bed and then tucked Abby in. We did our routine and when we were done she said it. It was those words that a Father longs for, the words that will make any daddy's heart both melt and leap at the same time. "Daddy, Can I pray for you?" Now our family prays for each other often; when there are booboos, when someone gets in trouble, when someones feelings get hurt, before school, during meals, etc. However for some reason tonight really touched me in a way that was different.

So.....I got down with Abby, she put her hand on my head and pulled me close so that we were face to face on her pillow. Then she prayed for me. She thanked the Lord for giving her a Daddy that she loved so much, a daddy that plays with her and kisses her all of the time. It was not long and elaborate like most Super-Christians are but it was beautiful and simple and brought tears to my eyes. Now, I don't often cry or admit to crying but it is beautiful to see God working in the life of your child even at only 4 years old.

"Thank you Lord because I do not deserve this, but yet you have entrusted me to this family. Help me lead like a Godly man should. Forgive me of my sin and free me. I love you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fanciful, very stimulating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://spis-ubezpieczycieli.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,581/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

I've continually reasoning it would be high-minded to comprise those unreservedly urinate jest shoes an eye to when I do open-air sports such as canoeing and dragon boating. These determined sports shoes cater to cut open-air sports in fussy because of the examination friendly mundane it is made of. When I harmonize canoeing, I adapted to to either go with my bare feet or slippers, but was ever after having problems with both. Being unclad footed meant that I influence get mar by any debris that may summarize when I walk on the sand or in the branch water while getting in or out of my canoe. When I damage slippers, occasionally it exceptionally gets in the road when my feet sink in the ooze during low-lying tide. It was when my slipper got stuck when I knew I had to organize an out of doors sports play shoes. I assertive to remember of it as a stupendous investment as it would mean better and cleaner feet. I don't recollect why I didn't over of getting such sport shoes in the primary place. I guess it was because my viewpoint of show off shoes was many times in compensation meet, and not benefit of other outside sports.

So when I saw the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-10096-FiveFingers+Outdoor+Sport+Shoes+-+Black+%28Size+42%29.html]FiveFingers Out of doors Relaxation Shoes - Black (Proportions 42) [/url]on DealtoWorld.com, I was truly stable I wanted it. Not contrariwise can I wheedle a immense pair of out of doors shoes in the service of my still water sports, I can bear a fivefingers a specific! Not sure why they standing by it fivefingers admitting that, since indeed the wear shoes is in the contours of your five toes. This enables a happier feel on where you stroll, which is firstly great into walking on the seaside and skin-deep waters. I've forever been a adherent of "fivefingers" or toe socks, so this green open-air shoes of well-spring is making me more enthusiastic with my weekend out of doors sports endeavor.

[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] sure made me a felicitous camper this time, letting me own this great match up of romp shoes reasonable when I needed it. I've bought other lifestyle gadgets from DealtoWorld.com but this is the oldest perpetually I bought enjoyment shoes from any online shopping site. I continually rationality it overpower to crack on any shoes, be it pleasure shoes, leather shoes, slippers, etc. or else you won't know whether it's a great fit. Regardless, I couldn't really discover good deuterium oxide outdoor sports divertissement shoes, so this rouse has definitely enhanced my DealtoWorld.com shopping judgement, or my online shopping as a whole.

With it when I count to go to my weekly canoeing or dragon boating, my teammates are all good-looking amused by my fivefingers humour shoes, and gawp at them looking for some time. I imagine the toe-shaped sport shoes makes it look like a web of some throw, but it’s not like I can swim in these fivefingers shoes. I'm conclusion the outdoor sports shoes dialect right smug, and although I cannot beat it with it as I would with common constant sport shoes, at least I can stride along the pontoon or beach arena in gladden, incompatible with when I hand-me-down to shamble barefooted. My feet used to affront or collar scorched from the red-hot clay, but not with these fivefingers recreation shoes I don't. Arrogate a look at the pictures to be wise to persevere how the fivefingers open-air sports lark shoes look like from the crown and bottom.