My Birthday / God's Voice

Yesterday I turned 25 years old. Wow, I am still such a baby. Yesterday was a great day. Beth and her mom made me the greatest gift. Beth bought a down-comforter and created a personalized quilt out of it. She took all of my college T Shirts as well as printing some things on a fabric sheet and made me the coolest quilt. You have to see it to believe it. Its awesome.

Anyway, it was a great Day. We went to church in the morning, Daniel had his first ever basketball practice. Yeah, my boy is the best on his team already. Then we had a few people over for cards and cake. After that Beth took me out on a date. It was a great day.

One thing that was so cool in my conversations with Beth at dinner. She told me that the other day God gave her this burning desire for ministry. That was so cool. As a husband, it is the most encouraging thing to know that my wife is hearing God. As the leader of my home, there is nothing that can lift me up more than knowing that my family is hearing from God.

Habakkuk 2:1-2 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
Key #1 - God’s voice in our hearts sounds like a flow of spontaneous thoughts. Therefore, when I tune to God, I tune to spontaneity.
Key #2 - I must learn to still my own thoughts and emotions, so that I can sense God’s flow of thoughts and emotions within me.
Key #3 - As I pray, I fix the eyes of my heart upon Jesus, seeing in the spirit the dreams and visions of Almighty God.
Key #4 - Journaling, the writing out of our prayers and God’s answers, provides a great new freedom in hearing God’s voice.
http://www.cwgministries.org/Four-Keys-to-Hearing-Gods-Voice.htm

No comments: