Netcast Church (Update and News)



Well....There's a lot going on with Netcast Church as you can imagine. First things First!!!! I want to thank Jesus for allowing me to be in the position that I am in. Not many people get to pursue their God given dream, but by His grace, I have been given the unique opportunity to pursue the planting of Netcast Church.

Some Boston News....This week in Greater Boston there was an attempt to abduct a middle school boy. Pertaining to the economy, it was announced that MA has reached its highest unemployment rate since the 70's. Also, a dying man's last wish is to find his daughter who was taken out of his home 15 years ago because of his alcohol addiction and he has no idea where she is or where she was sent. He simply wants to tell her that he loves her before he dies of cancer. Wow; This is the area that God is calling us to.

I was told this week that there is not one city in all of Massachusetts that has at least 4% of its population attending a christian church. What an incredible opportunity to reach people and have an impact on a major metropolitan city. There is no question in my mind that this is a great investment of my time, money, and energy. Did you know that 1 out of 4 presidents received a college education from a university in Boston? It is one of the strongest intellectual, historical, and cultural hubs in the entire world.

Beth and I have concluded that we will be moving between January and June of 2010. If we have $100,000 of funding come in before June, we will move right away. If not, we will continue fund-raising and move in June. Also, I have been approached by a few companies about working in Boston while we plant bi-vocationally. That may also play a part in us leaving early; however, with kids in school, we are planning on June when school is out.

Please continue to pray for us. Support is beginning to come in and we have a few people praying about being financial partners. We are still short of our goal of $20,000 by the end of October. Please pray with us that God will stir people's hearts to give graciously within the next 15 days. Also, please pray for me as I continue to pursue humility. These past few months I have noticed how my pride creeps in very easily. I somehow at times feel as if "I" can do this when in reality, "I" cannot do anything. Christ promises to build his church, and if he chooses to use me in anyway, I am wholly grateful to be of service; however, this is not my deal. Nothing will kill a church plant faster than a prideful leader who thinks that building a church is all about him. I want my heart to cry Romans 11:36 "To God be the Glory forever, Amen."

Currently I have the privilege to be interning at a church plant called 121 Church in Winston Salem, NC. God has opened a great opportunity for me to walk with their pastor and learn from their elders. This will put us in a very strong position when we are moved and ready to launch. Being able to learn from their past mistakes and successes is something that many church planters don't have the opportunity to do.

Next weekend we have been invited to the church that Beth grew up in and Steve Shomo, our Executive Pastor, used to lead (Warwick Valley Church of the Nazarene) We (Chewning's and Shomo's) will be able to share our story and seek sponsorship from many people who we have known for years and we love dearly. This is very exciting news and I am blessed that their pastor / board has opened up thisoppo rtunity to us. So...if any of you are in NY, come and visit us on Sunday October 25th, 10:00am at 201 Route 17A or Route 94, Warwick, NY 10990.

Here are the financial goals we are praying for:
  • (20) PEOPLE TO GIVE $1000 before 10/31 to qualify for our matching donation of $10,000.
  • Becoming a Monthly Partner for a year.
  • Raise $50,000 by December 31st 2009
  • Raise $250,000 by June 2010
Also, pray for our Core Team, as God continues to put it on people's hearts to move with us. That is very exciting.

To make financial donations please mail all checks to: Netcast Church 4604 Ridgefall Rd Greensboro NC, 27410 Please make checks out to our sponsoring church "Daystar"


-------------------------
Matt Chewning

Pastor / Church Planter
4604 RidgeFall Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410

www.netcastchurch.org matt@netcastchurch.org
336-362-5662

If you would like to be removed from this email. please let us know.

4 comments:

Nick Calcara said...

Hi Matt,
I just wanted to share a similar adventure that my wife and I have been on. About 7 years ago, we were attending Vineyard Community Church here in Cincinnati. Steve Shogren was the head pastor and now VCC is lead by Dave Workman. It was an awesome church but we felt lead to go somewhere else. We "coincidentally" ran into a pastor who was starting a Vineyard in our area, and immediately felt called to be part of that plant. Long story short, that plant did not do well but we think God was using it as a training ground for us. We were talking with one of our good friends who was on staff at VCC, and he mentioned that he was going to plant a church on the west side of Cincy. We prayed about it and knew that this was where we were ultimately supposed to be. The west side of Cincy is where the city originated from. It is heavily ingrained with Catholic Religion and has a single mother rate higher than anywhere else in the nation. We have been here for five years now and our church is thriving. We are close to 600 attending and growing. God is doing some awesome things here. I will continue to follow your blog and pray for your family and church. Thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ozilokeso.o-f.com/vucode.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]